ipPulse is a Remote Status Monitoring Tool. Use ipPulse to monitor the up/down status of IP connected devices (nodes) on any IP connected network. ipPulse uses a variety of methods, including ping, tcp connects, and SNMP to poll and check the network connectivity of a list of user-defined nodes. ipPulse alerts you to failures using a variety of techniques ranging from audible messages to email and pager notification.
- Supports a large list of target hosts entered as either hostnames or IP addresses
- Polls the list on a cyclical basis with full control over the list cycle timing parameters.
- Supports a primary and secondary test.
- Supports standard Ping ICMP Echo Requests/Replies and automatically uses UDP High Port Ping under Winsock 2 for failed contacts
- TCP Port numbers for TCP connect tests are assignable on a per-node basis, primary or secondary test.
- Optionally uses SNMP v1 as a secondary test by requesting MIB2 OID interfaces.
- Community names are assignable on a per-node basis.
- Optional SNMP queries can be made for obtaining more extensive data from the target host. ipPulse includes a number of OID presets and 8 user defined OIDs.
- Multiple alerts and logging.